Monday, January 10, 2022

Meet Us Monday - Julie Jerles


Of all the resources the Samford University Library makes available to its users, among our most important and valuable are our people! Our #MeetUsMonday series offers a weekly glimpse behind the scenes by spotlighting the various people who work tirelessly every day to proactively support the University's mission by providing scholarly resources, research and information services, a welcoming environment, and collaborative alliances to promote learning and teaching.


Julie Jerles
Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery Coordinator

BA English, University of Alabama in Huntsville
Joined Samford in 2018

  • What do you like best about working here in the library? The people of course, but I also like the hunt of finding books and articles that we don't have in the library for faculty, staff, and students.

  • What do you do on your commute to and from Samford? I'm a chronic radio station flipper, so much so that I annoy myself sometimes.

  • If you didn't work here in the library, what and/or where would you like to be doing? I would be a modern day homesteader - the kind with internet of course.  

  • What are some of your interests outside of work? Hanging out with my husband and two year old, reading, thrifting, going to bookstores, Target and Starbucks, watching New Girl, Gilmore Girls or The Office.  

  • What is your favorite book? I have too many to name, but Harry Potter will always have a special place in my heart.

  • Who is your favorite author? Again too many to name, but one of my current faves is Sarah J. Maas.

  • Do you have any favorite podcasts? I don't listen to many podcasts, but I guess I would have to say The Minimalists and With Intention.

  • Who is one of your heroes and why? My grandfather John Rutland who was a Civil Rights activist and a preacher in Birmingham.

  • What app is your favorite discovery? Hoopla & Libby for listening to audiobooks and Fetch Rewards where I can scan all my grocery receipts and turn them into gift cards.

No comments: