Monday, March 21, 2022

Meet Us Monday - Tabitha Catlin



Of all the resources the Samford University Library makes available to its users, among our most important and valuable are our people! Our #MeetUsMonday series offers a weekly glimpse behind the scenes by spotlighting the various people who work tirelessly every day to proactively support the University's mission by providing scholarly resources, research and information services, a welcoming environment, and collaborative alliances to promote learning and teaching.


Tabitha S. Catlin
Microfilm Lab Manager

BS Sociology, Samford University
Joined Samford as a student in 1986
First joined Samford as an employee in 1990

  • What do you like best about working here in the library? I absolutely love the Christian environment and the feeling of family with my co-workers!  

  • What do you do on your commute to and from Samford? Honestly it's a combination of praying, listening to music on SiriusXM, or talking on my cell phone via my car.

  • If you didn't work here in the library, what and/or where would you like to be doing? Spending an extraordinary amount of my time with my grandchildren and I would like to travel to visit my family.  

  • What are some of your interests outside of work? Watching a lot of mystery shows with my husband, spending time with my grandchildren and loving on my fur babies!  

  • What is your favorite book? Charlotte's Web is one of my favorite books. It's a story that no matter what your age the message of love, friendship and sacrifice is timeless!

  • Who is your favorite author? C. S. Lewis.

  • Who is one of your heroes and why? My hero is my mother. She lived a selfless life in order to provide for and raise her 5 children and most importantly she taught us about Jesus Christ, our Savior. She had fearless faith, and was a prayer warrior. She gave her love unconditionally and no matter how hard life was for her she never became bitter. My mother loved life, loved to laugh and loved music. She lived her life by example in being a Christian and was true overcomer!

  • What’s the one thing people likely don’t know about you, but should? I honestly enjoy doing the "Simple Things" in life. Spending time at home in a swing, cooking for my family, watching TV with my husband, loving on my fur babies and babysitting my grandchildren. It's these simple things that bring to my life some of my greatest joys!.

No comments: