Monday, February 14, 2022

Meet Us Monday - Becky Hyde

 


Of all the resources the Samford University Library makes available to its users, among our most important and valuable are our people! Our #MeetUsMonday series offers a weekly glimpse behind the scenes by spotlighting the various people who work tirelessly every day to proactively support the University's mission by providing scholarly resources, research and information services, a welcoming environment, and collaborative alliances to promote learning and teaching.


Becky Hyde
Processing Archivist & Special Collection Librarian

Liaison Librarian for:
Howard College of Arts and Sciences
(Geography and Sociology)

Master of Library and Information Studies, University of Alabama
BA History, University of Mary Washington

Joined Samford in 2016

  • What do you like best about working here in the library? Helping our students with their research! Connecting students with resources makes me do a happy dance.

  • What do you do on your commute to and from Samford? Listen to podcasts or audiobooks. I'm all about stories.

  • If you didn't work here in the library, what and/or where would you like to be doing? Children's Picture Book Author. 

  • What are some of your interests outside of work? Besides spending all my free time with my two dogs I love television, crochet, baking, reading (naturally), and family time.  

  • What is your favorite book? Impossible, but one of my favorite series right now is Morrigan Crow/The Nevermoor Series by Jessica Townsend.

  • Who is your favorite author? Jasper Fforde.

  • Do you have any favorite podcasts? I listen to many but right now my favorites are the history podcast "Your Dead to Me" by BBC Radio 4 and the health and wellness myth-busting podcast "Maintenance Phase" by Aubrey Gordon and Michael Hobbes.

  • Who is one of your heroes and why? My mom, her kindness and empathy are boundless and I hope to be even a fraction of the person she is.

  • What app is your favorite discovery? I am addicted to Instagram, my sister and I send memes back and forth all day.

  • What’s the one thing people likely don’t know about you, but should? I have an enormous makeup collection and strongly believe in the power of glitter. 


No comments: