Monday, January 3, 2022

Meet Us Monday - Sarah Cooper


Of all the resources the Samford University Library makes available to its users, among our most important and valuable are our people! Our #MeetUsMonday series offers a weekly glimpse behind the scenes by spotlighting the various people who work tirelessly every day to proactively support the University's mission by providing scholarly resources, research and information services, a welcoming environment, and collaborative alliances to promote learning and teaching.


Sarah M. Cooper
Reference & Instruction Librarian

Liaison Librarian for:
Howard College of Arts & Sciences
(Communications Studies, English, Journalism & Mass Communication)

Masters of Library and Information Studies, University of Alabama
BA English, Minor in Mass Communications, University of Montevallo
Joined Samford in 2017

  • What do you like best about working here in the library? My coworkers are amazing and I love getting to work with students throughout the research process.

  • What do you do on your commute to and from Samford? I listen to podcasts or music, preferably with the windows down on a nice day.

  • What are some of your interests outside of work? I like hiking, yoga, and watching bad movies. I will also watch just about any documentary and/or read any article on either Bigfoot or the Catacombs in France.  

  • What is your favorite book? The Complete Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

  • Who is your favorite author? Right now I'd say it's a tie between P.G. Wodehouse and Jane Austen.

  • Do you have any favorite podcasts? Many. My favorites right now are Scam Goddess, Reading Glasses, and How Did this Get Made, but my list is long :).

  • Who is one of your heroes and why? I have always found Ada Lovelace to be really interesting because she was such an innovative thinker.

  • What app is your favorite discovery? It's a bit of a time waster, but I like the Best Fiends app.

No comments: